Okay guys! We will be starting a Recovery Challenge September 2nd (Tuesday). It will last for the month of September (Starting on Tuesday the 2nd, 29days!). It will focus on RECOVERY! This is, in my opinion, one of the most important challenges we have had so far! Our challenges help establish good habits. Remember it is just 29 days, you can do anything for 29 days!
Everyday, for 29 days, you will focus on Eating/Sleeping well! This part is given. Eating and sleeping well are some of the major aspects of recovery. Our eating will be based off of the Whole 9′s Whole 30 challenge. You can see the guide lines here. For sleep, we ask that you get into bed before 10pm every night and aim to sleep 8 hours altogether! If you are planning on attending the early morning class, that means early bed time!
Everyday for the recovery challenge, you must eat well, sleep well, and choose
from the list below one form of recovery to do everyday!
On top of these three things , you can earn bonus points. If you perform more than one of these on the list, you will receive a point. Your points will add together to give you a score. There will be a few prizes for the top scorers.
Points for everything else!
- foam rolling, pvc, or lacrosse ball rolling (at least 1 min each muscle group)
- pre and post workout meals (pre WOD = protein/fat, post WOD = protein/CHO)
- fish oil
- mobility class (Wednesdays at 6:30pm)
- ice bath
- hot/cold shower
- epsom salt baths
- TAKE A REST DAY (this will apply to 2x week)
- 10 minutes of actively de-stressing: journaling, breathing, walking, meditating
- There are options for “extra credit”, just email email@example.com to see if it will count!